2K Play Goes Mobile in 2012
2K Play announced this month that there will be a bunch of new games this summer for mobile platforms. Some of the highlights are a new Comedy Central game, Carnival Games MiniGolf and a puzzle game called GridBlock. Some of these games are bite sized, spouting short play sessions, allowing for gamers to pick up a game for a short amount of time and get in some fun. Others will allow for a lot more in-depth and long lasting gaming experiences. Mobile gaming, especially with the popularity of iOS and Android devices, are largely becoming some of the biggest venues for games for the more casual crowd. You can check out these games on 2K Play’s Facebook page and look forward to these games later this summer. The press release is posted bellow.
New games launch this summer, beginning with Comedy Central’s Indecision GameNEW YORK, NY – June 4, 2012 – Grab your tablets and smartphones and get ready for gaming, as 2K Play today announced that their innovative new slate of mobile games will be unveiled at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2012, taking place at the Los Angeles Convention Center from June 5-7. The games are designed to deliver a play-anywhere-play-anytime social experience and will be available beginning this summer for mobile devices.“From our blockbuster Carnival Games series to our exciting new original properties like Herd, Herd, Herd, to our election year tie-in with Comedy Central, we’re thrilled to introduce a lineup of games that are with you wherever you go,” said Steve Lux, Vice President of Business Development for 2K Play. “Gamers will have fun in short doses, long stretches and everything in between with the convenience of playing on the world’s most popular mobile devices.”
2K Play’s mobile lineup includes the following titles:
- Comedy Central’s Indecision Game – Who’s smarter, Democrats or Republicans? Whichever side of the aisle you lean toward, you’ll need all your political savvy to survive the 2012 election season. Play this fast-paced battle of wits to test your knowledge of the powers that be (or might have been) and never “misunderestimate” your competition.
- Fiasco the Cat™ Starring in House Pest™ – Meet Fiasco, the mischievous cat who will turn your house upside down in no time. Race against the clock to fix Fiasco’s latest disaster before your nosey neighbor or manic mother-in-law arrives! Hilarious hijinks and state-of-the-art animation put this game into a fun cat-e-gory of its own.
- GridBlock™: The Puzzle Game You’ll Flip Over! – You’ll need smooth moves and a steely reserve as you flip, tilt, slide and shake electro-blocks into place on the GridBlock board – replete with obstacles and bright techno colors. Teleport through gravity-defying levels, maneuver around mind-numbing mazes and don’t get sucked into the black hole!
- Herd, Herd, Herd™ - It’s pen-demonium at the Haywire Homestead! Help Farmer Jed herd clucking chickens, panicky pigs, spunky sheep and crazy cows into their pens before time runs out. As you progress, keep your eyes peeled for the sly fox and don’t catch chicken pox!
- Carnival Games® MiniGolf - You may have played golf before but you’ve never played anything like Carnival Games MiniGolf. If you’re ready to journey back to Medieval Times, have a shootout in the Wild West and walk the plank in Pirate’s Delight – all for the sake of sinking a putt – then step right up for a hole-in-fun!
Please visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/2kplay or follow 2K Play on Twitter (twitter.com/2KPlay).
2K Play is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO).
So what do you guys think? Are you playing tons of games on your smartphone or tablet? Do any of these games sound interesting to you? Hit us up in the comments.