13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Delayed to September 22
An award-winning sci-fi adventure, Vanillaware’s 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim will now be released on September 22, 2020 for the PlayStation 4.
Designed by the same team behind Odin Sphere and Dragon’s Crown, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim will take players across time, space, and humanity with a mystery that spans thirteen intertwining stories. A time-traveling narrative adventure, players will come out on top against waves of kaiju enemy forces with top-down tactical combat, and will be able to customize their Sentinels with mech suit weaponry.
Learn more with the following trailer, which was released last month.
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim – 13 Stories Trailer | PlayStation 4
The title has won the following awards in Japan:
- Japan Game Awards 2019, Future Division Winner
- Famitsu Dengeki Game Award 2019, Best Scenario Award & Best Adventure Award (2 divisions)
- Japan Otaku Awards 2019, Grand Prize
- IGN Japan Game of the Year 2019, 6th Place
- IGN Japan User’s Choice 2019, 2nd Place
- Weekly Famitsu (PS4 Special Feature, sold March 12th, 2020), Ranked in 10th for “”PS4 Must-Play Titles,” selected from all PS4 titles ever sold
- 51st Seiun Award, Media Category, Nominee
- CEDEC Awards 2020 of Excellence for Game Design and Sound
- CEDEC Awards 2020 Highest Award of Excellence, Nominee
Note that an English voiceover will be available for the title via a Day 1 patch. Those that pre-order the title at select physical retailers can get themselves a bonus artbook while supplies last.
Not a fan of the default DualSense color scheme? A new rumor by AreaJugones suggests that two new DualSense controller colors are coming very soon