Link Coming to Super Mario Maker 2
As part of the Ver. 2.0.0 update coming to the game on December 5, Nintendo announced that Link from The Legend of Zelda will make his way to Super Mario Maker 2.
This update will make Link a playable character after Mario grabs the new Master Sword item in its 8-bit Super Mario Bros. style. His moveset will allow him to attack with his sword, shoot arrows, and drop bombs.
Learn more with the video below:
Super Mario Maker 2 – A Legendary Update – Nintendo Switch
Also included in the Ver. 2.0.0 update are the following elements:
- Dash Block: Available in the Super Mario 3D World style, the Dash Block course part gives Mario a major speed burst when stepped on.
- Frozen Coin: These coins are surrounded by a block of ice and can only be released if melted by fireballs or other fire elements, including a certain angry sun.
- P Block: When a P Switch is hit in the course, invisible P Blocks temporarily turn into hard platforms, or vice-versa.
- Spike: This classic enemy coughs up massive spike balls and launches them at Mario. If used in the snow environment, Spike will toss snowballs instead!
- Pokey: The iconic stacked cactus from multiple Super Mario games joins Super Mario Maker 2 for the first time. Players can even edit the height of each Pokey.
Finally, the Ninji Speedruns mode will allow players to take on timed challenges in courses that have been created by Nintendo themselves. Players will be able to collect stamps through the completion of courses, which can then be redeemed in-game to get special Mii costumes.
The game is now available for the Nintendo Switch.
Scope out the battle system coming to Atlus and Intelligent Systems’ Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore with the latest trailer for the title
See the free-spirited Lowain in action with the latest trailer for CyGames, XSEED Games, and Arc System Works’ Granblue Fantasy: Versus