San Andreas Prix Week in GTA Online This Week
All those with a need for speed can take advantage of multiple rewards in Rockstar Games’ GTA Online as part of San Andreas Prix Week.
Players will be able to get behind the wheel in any of the Rockstar Created Open Wheel Races this week and earn themselves Triple GTA$ and RP.
To sweeten the deal, the following tracks have been unveiled as part of the Los Santos Summer Special (descriptions via Rockstar Games):
- Keeping Track – Forget racing 50-foot catamarans through the Vespucci canals. This season the Vinewood elite have jumped on the open wheel racing hype with a track in their own backyard. It’s an easy living. Just roll from your sun lounger into the cockpit and get ready for that first-place champagne.
- Life’s a Beach – What’s more uncomfortable than being in an open wheel cockpit in a g-force inducing slipstream hurtling you hundreds of miles an hour on a twisting road that makes you uncontrollably seasick while dodging competitors as they crash around you? Doing all that with sand in your pants. Surf’s up.
- It’s a Sign – The iconic Vinewood Sign means many things to many people. To some, it’s fame, fortune and making it big. To you, it’s reaching the finish line with your cranium intact. Get ready to drive so close you can kiss the V for luck.
- Top of The Town – There are two ways to make it into the executive boardrooms of the Los Santos business district. Option one, nepotism. Option two, you get into an open wheeler and insert yourself right into the AGM, because nothing impresses the hiring committee like driving a race car through the 40th floor window.
- Dam – Everyone knows the health and safety board are too strapped for cash to stress test The Land Act Dam. Maybe that’s why they gave a private company the rights to build a high-speed open wheel racetrack. Nothing will confirm its sturdiness like a dozen exquisitely fine-tuned ultra-performance machines smashing into the first corner.
- Road to Ruin – The Los Santos freeway has an estimated 71 fatal accidents per 100 miles. We know what you’re thinking. Those are rookie numbers. Let’s see if we can’t pump them up.
- Headwind – What’s the last thing an endangered bird sees as it cruises through a turbine at Ron Alternates Wind Farm? Once upon a time, the answer was “progress”. These days, it’s more likely to be an open wheel racecar detonating two meters to its left.
- Morningwood Glory – How were the residents of one of Los Santos’s most affluent areas convinced to give their permission for a challenging open wheel race right through their neighborhood? Bribery of course. That and the fact no one mentioned it would take place 20 stories up and block all-natural light. Do the residents mind? Yes. Do the race organizers care? No.
- Abridged – At last, the feat of engineering no one asked for: a road bridge over the Alamo Sea. And who is this great masterpiece for? Is it the much-needed infrastructure that will finally drive capital investment into the economically deprived area of Sandy Shores? Don’t be ridiculous. It’s a racetrack for dumbest 1% of the wealthiest 1% of BAWSAQ 100 CEOs. Welcome to progress.
In addition to these Triple Rewards, both VIP and MC Work & Challenges will pay out Double Rewards all this week. Note that if players take on more VIP Work & Challenges, Double Rewards will be applied to all Special Cargo Sell Missions the following week. In addition, those that play more MC Work & Challenges will be rewarded with 2X GTA$ & RP in all Biker Business Sell Missions from September 3-9.
No matter what you choose, those that complete either VIP or MC Work and come back next week can cop the Green Dot Tech Mask on the house. If that’s not enough, all those that jump into GTA Online in the next seven days (by September 2) will get themselves the Vapers Den tee for free.
All those that make a trip to The Diamond Casino & Resort and spin the Lucky Wheel can get a chance to win the podium prize – a Progen PR4 wrapped in the Estancia Tobacco-sponsored livery.
Those looking to save a bundle can take advantage of the following discounts:
MC Clubhouses – 40% off:
- Downtown Vinewood
- Great Chaparral
- La Mesa
- Paleto Bay (1 Paleto Boulevard and 68 Paleto Boulevard)
- Pillbox Hill
- Sandy Shores
- Vespucci Beach
Biker Businesses – 40% off:
- Document Forgery Offices
- Counterfeit Cash Factories
- Weed Farms
- Meth Labs
- Cocaine Lockups
Executive Offices – 40% off
- Maze Bank West
- Arcadius Business Center
- Lombank West
- Maze Bank Tower
Executive Office Customizations – 30% off
- Organization Name Change
- Money Safe
- Gun Locker
- Personal Assistant
- Ocelot R88 – 35% off
- Declasse Drift Tampa – 40% off
- Declasse Hotring Sabre – 40% off
- Declasse Drift Yosemite – 40% off
Finally, all those that connect their Rockstar Social Club account to their Prime Gaming account will get themselves GTA$200K by playing any time this week.
Prime Gaming members will also receive the following:
- The Vespucci Canals Nightclub Property
- 70% off the Mammoth Avenger
- 75% off the Avenger Weapon and Weaponized Vehicle Workshops
PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to add the Final Fantasy VII Remake, Maquette, Remnant: From the Ashes, and Farpoint to their accounts in March
Announced as a part of the Pokémon 25th Anniversary event, players will be able to return to the Sinnoh region with ILCA’a Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl
Today’s State of Play event gave PlayStation fans a firsthand look at what the future of Sony’s consoles both have in store. Catch up on the highlights with our recap post – no multi-page