Update 1.7 for Tom Clancy’s The Division Available Tomorrow
Ubisoft has announced that the next update for Tom Clancy’s The Division will launch tomorrow.
Update 1.7 is the first of two free updates planned for Year 2 of the game. Included is the following:
- Global Events – The update will introduce a new event system that will challenge players to find new ways to play through time-limited activities and new gameplay modifiers. New events will be available regularly and will grant exclusive rewards on completion. Players will be able to activate additional modifiers for some missions and incursions, adding an extra layer of challenge that gives them a chance to yield more rewards.
- Commendations – Previously called feats, commendations are part of a new built-in achievement system that provides players with a series of tasks and subsequent rewards.
- Encrypted Caches – Caches are loot boxes with random customization items and emotes inside. Players will be able to obtain caches by gathering keys in the world, or they can purchase them with premium credits.
- New Gear and Customization Options – New gear includes classified gear sets, new face masks and arm patches. Players will also be able to re-customize their agents for free at the barbershop.
- Survival Improvements – New scoring items will allow players to achieve higher scores. And the reward economy has been reworked so that time investment is more on par with other activities.
You can view a trailer for this free update below: