Darkest Dungeon 2 Ghosts Of The Past Guide
The Ghosts of the Past is another Man-at-Arms chapter mission. This Darkest Dungeon 2 Ghosts Of The Past Guide will tell you everything you need to know to complete this unique combat challenge so you can unlock a new ability for your Man-at-Arms character.
When you are exploring the overworld in your carriage, look out for the Bell icon on the map. These Heroic Events offer both, the opportunity to unlock new abilities and a deeper insight into the characters history. If you fail a challenge, you will not unlock the ability, and will have to find another Heroic Event. As such, it’s a good idea to complete them first time – if you can.
- To complete Ghosts of the Past you must survive until the end and kill all of the spirits
- You can take a lot of regular hits but too many critical hits and you will die quickly
- Use the Pour One Out ability to remove critical buffs on enemies
- Rest in Peace does a lot of damage so use that to weaken the enemies
- If your sanity gets too low, use the Honor the Dead – an enemy must have died for this to be available
Darkest Dungeon 2 Ghosts Of The Past GuideTo complete this mission you need to defeat all of the spirits. There are two main aspects of this fight, your sanity, and the enemy critical hit buffs. If an enemy gets the buff, you need to use the Pour One Out ability to remove the buff and reduce the damage they can do. Then, between critical hit debuffs, you want to use Rest in Peace to lower their health. Try to keep the enemies health around similar levels so that you can use Pour One Out to remove one crit buff and then Rest in Peace to kill the other – should the enemy buff two at a time.
If your sanity gets too high, you can use the Honor the Dead ability to reduce it by three, but an enemy must have died for this ability to be available, so finish one off quickly.
in Darkest Dungeon 2 Guides