Archon’s Forge is the brand new Public Event in Destiny’s Rise of Iron expansion. Much like Court of Oryx players are tasked with finding items to summon powerful groups of enemies with the hopes of obtaining rare and powerful rewards. This Archon’s Forge Guide covers every aspect of Archon’s Forge from where to find the SIVA Offering’s to tricks and tips to winning each round.
Destiny Rise Of Iron Archon’s Forge GuideArchon’s Forge is a brand new Public Event that tasks players with defeating difficult waves of enemies and a boss. Archon’s Forge can be found during the main story but in order to actually access the Public Event, you must be doing Patrol The PlagueLands and head to Archon’s Keep. Once there travel to the back corner and proceed through to the room with the large sphere-like objects. It’s the same area you have to pass through to complete the Captain kill quest and anomaly scan quest (for the Gjallarhorn in that area.
Once you arrive you will need to use one of several different items to begin the trial. There are multiple items you can use. Most of the lower Light level required items drop from regular Splicer enemies during patrol missions. They are not like Splicer Keys or other drops, they appear like a typical engram but white – so be sure to keep an eye out as they do not automatically enter your inventory.
There are 3 main types of SIVA offerings:
- Fused SIVA Offering – 320 Recommended Light Level
- Enhanced SIVA Offering – 340 Recommended Light Level
- Perfected SIVA Offering – 360 Recommended Light Level
So far we have discovered all 3 types drop during Archon’s Forge at a much higher drop rate than normal enemies.
Note: You can only hold one at any given time so you cannot farm for multiple types and can only get a new SIVA Offering by either using or discarding the one in your consumables inventory or storing it in your bank. You cannot however transfer them between characters.
There are multiple types of each SIVA Offering. For example a Fused SIVA Offering can spawn Captains or Splicers, depending on the item. Read it in your inventory and it will tell you what it will summon – this is important as certain Weekly Bounties require specific Archon’s Forge enemies.
Boon Of The ForgeThere is a bonus option available during all of the Archon’s Forge spawns. The Boon of the Forge is also a requirement to complete a step of one of the Rise of Iron quests. During the Archon’s Edge event you will eventually hear an alarm like noise, the same as the one in the Court of Oryx when the mines spawned. A few seconds after the noise one of the spheres on either side will open and a SIVA node will be inside – the red objects that cause damage when you’re nearby.
You have a few seconds to destroy it so make sure you get to it quick. If you destroy it before the sphere closes you will unlock the Boon of the Forge bonus. A few seconds after that the opposite sphere will open and will feature 3 axes, making it much easier to dispatch of enemies and bosses – especially for the Enhanced and Perfected SIVA Offering.
Splicer KeysSplicer Keys are a very common item drop from enemies in The PlagueLands called Brood Mothers, a few other enemies also drop them. These are mostly used to open areas covered by a defensive laser grid, containing 1-2 chests and a few enemies. However, you can also use them at Archon’s Forge. If you die during the battle and your allies cannot revive you, you can revive yourself but you will be trapped behind an area near the terminal.
You can use a Splicer Key on the terminal to open it and get back into the fight. However, if you are here and the rest of your team are dead you will fail the Archon’s Forge mission and will not be able to get your SIVA Offering back.
Archon’s Forge Tips & Tricks
- Try to get as many people as possible. With 4-5 people in the Archon’s Forge it greatly increases your chances of getting another SIVA Offering drop. We were able to continue with constant missions for 1-2 hours with a good sized group
- At the end of each challenge make sure to search the area fully in case you missed the SIVA Offering drop
- If you don’t have any keys or Archon’s Forge is empty when you arrive simply run back down the stairs and follow the corridor back to the outside area. You can then turn and run back to Archon’s Forge to load a new instance and possibly find some allies. When you run back to the outside area there is sometimes a Brood Mother directly across in the distance, if you can kill it from there you get a Splicer Key every time.
- The highest level SIVA Offerings are possible at lower light levels but you need at least 5 well geared and skilled players.
If you have any further questions leave a comment and we’ll be sure to help.