If you’re struggling in MH games, the SOS Flare is usually a quick solution but one question many players are asking is, Does Monster Hunter Rise Have An SOS Flare? And if it doesn’t, how are you able to call for help from other players when you’re struggling.
If you’re not in a party and you’ve already joined a quest and found it too difficult, is there an option to fire an SOS flare? Not like previous Monster Hunter games, no. The party system is a little different in Monster Hunter Rise. Some quests are solo only, not allowing you to summon reinforcements, but some other quests do support full co-op and multiplayer. So how do you call in randoms to help you in a fight?
Does Monster Hunter Rise Have An SOS Flare?
You need to press the + button and navigate to the second tab, under quests. Here you will see an option titled Join Request. This sends a request to other players for them to join via the board inside the gathering hub. There are two main options here. If the Join Request button is black or darkened out you are either in a multiplayer lobby with a password, you are currently offline, or the quest you are on doesn’t allow you to summon other players.
Urgent quests taken from the village appear to be exclusively single player, as do most of the hunts there. So if you’ve taken a quest from outside in the village, it’s likely you will have to solo the entire quest. On the opposite side, all quests taken within the gathering hub are multiplayer, you can select Join Request to summon allies.
- There is no SOS Flare in Monster Hunter Rise but there is a similar feature, Join Request
- Press the Plus button to open the menu and go to the quests tab
- Select Join Request to summon other players
- If the option is unavailable you are either offline, in a lobby with a password, or on a single player quest
- Most quests taken in the village are single player
- Most quests taken in the hub are multiplayer