Werewolves are no strangers to the Elder Scrolls series, they appeared in Daggerfall, Oblivion and now in Skyrim. This Elder Scrolls V: How To Become A Werewolf guide will tell you how to catch the deadly Lycanthropy and become a fanged stalker of the shadows.
Becoming a Werewolf is very simple stuff in Skyrim, you can either be bitten by finding a natural one in the wild, quite a painful task, or you can follow a quest line to have the opportunity. First thing you need to do is make sure you’re past the Dragon quest from the Jarl of Whiterun, this is the Dragon fight with the guards at the destroyed tower. If you’re past that stage, simply head over to the Companions HQ (Jorrvaskr) and start the quest chains there. Eventually you’ll get to the quest where you begin the Werewolf ritual in the Underforge. From there, it’s just a matter of following your quest compass until you get to the right stage.
There are several benefits to becoming a Werewolf
1. Extra Health and Stamina (+100)
2. Sprint Speed Increase
3. A new shout that fears enemies and calls nearby wolves to aid you
4. You may struggle to fit through doorways
5. You need to eat to restore HP (More of a negative but eating things has to be a benefit)
There are also some negatives to being a Werewolf
1. All Guards will treat you as hostile
2. You can’t use other shouts
3. You can’t use any spells or equipment
4. You can’t pick up loot
5. Weak to Silver
6. Unable to open Map – Thanks to Guest Hero Warren
7. Random insults from guards – Thanks to Guest Hero Warren
8. You can’t get rested/well rested bonus – Thanks to Guest Hero Fluttershy
9. You cannot Sneak – Thanks to Guest Hero Fluttershy
10. You will be fined 1000 gold if you’re seen transforming – Thanks to Guest Hero Fluttershy
Feel free to add any extra information in comments, I’ll update the article and credit it
Follow us on Twitter!
Check out our Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Walkthrough Guide for all our guides, including Housing, Trainers, Horses, and Treasure Maps.
Like this Game Guide? Follow Us On Facebook and keep up to date with all our Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Walkthrough Guides!! Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be the first to see our future Game Guide videos.