Palamute’s are dog-like creatures that you can mount in MH Rise. This guide on How To Mount In Monster Hunter Rise will explain how you mount this marvelous beast, how you can summon it if it gets lost, and the huge benefits available from using your Palamute mount when exploring in MH Rise.
Palamute’s are one of two buddy types available in Monster Hunter Rise, but they are the only Buddy that you can mount. Having the option to traverse maps on mounts makes exploring and chasing down enemy monsters far quicker. Palamute’s can jump, they can climb vertical surfaces covered in vines, and they can interact as you normally would on foot
How To Mount In Monster Hunter Rise
There are two main methods to mount your Palamute. When you are standing in close proximity, make sure your weapon is away. You can then hold the A button for a few seconds and it will mount the Palamute. If you’re in combat or the Palamute is off chasing something, you need to use the other option.
Hold L to bring up the primary Shortcut Wheel. By default, the mount option is selected as down. So hold L, flick down, and release. This will summon the Palamute to your location. If it’s already very close, it will run over. If it’s further away, it will dig out of the ground and appear at your feet. You don’t need to hold A to mount here. Once the Palamute is in range, you will automatically mount it and can begin riding
- Hold A when in close proximity to mount your Palamute
- Use the down option on the Shortcut Wheel to summon the Palamute to your side and automatically mount it
- Palamutes can climb vines vertically much quicker than you can climb
- You can interact with ore nodes, berries and other items while mounted
- You can also heal, sharpen your blade, and use other consumables while you’re riding