The first official update for Bethesda Softworks and id Software’s DOOM Eternal is now available – see what comes with it in the following post.
New to DOOM Eternal are Empowered Demons, which offer up a greater challenge for players and dish out a large amount of bonus event XP and resources when taken down. The Precious Metals event also begins today, which provides a number of shiny new cosmetics for players to work toward. This includes the MC Pain Master Collection.
Finally, a number of quality of life improvements have been made:
- Deaths in BATTLEMODE now display a death report to show players what killed them
- Prestige stars now appear under the player card to highlight the most dedicated players
- Addressed latency and lag issues
- Tutorials now appear for all players when playing BATTLEMODE for the first time
- Echelon Leveling for players at the maximum level
Learn more with the trailer below:
DOOM Eternal – Update 1 Available Now
You can read our review of the base game here.