Battlestate Games today announced via a post on Facebook that the upcoming online survival shooter, Escape from Tarkov, will undergo an “Extended Alpha” testing event prior to the games upcoming Closed Beta launch. The special event will see a fresh wave of testers invited to participate, selected from those that purchased one of the special pre-order packages.
The team will spend the additional Alpha testing time implementing and improving new features so they are ready for the launch of Escape from Tarkov’s Closed Beta. Improvements to game physics, weapon repair system and a new raid are some of the features expected to arrive with the Extended Alpha launch.
- A new raid location, the Woods – wide open spaces, dense forest vegetation, entirely new tactics and game experience
- Weapon failure and repair system
- Ability to create groups for going into raids together
- Improved game physics
- Ceaseless work on performance optimization and troubleshooting of existing issues
- Everything that has been done to this point in Alpha, including completely operational networking, trade, leveling, inventory management etc.
- Absolute ABOLITION of the Alpha materials publication restrictions. Yes, from this point onwards you are free to stream, make videos and screenshots of the game and share them.
Once the Extended Alpha is underway participants will no longer have to follow the previous rules of the NDA. All sharing of content, including videos, screenshots and streams, will be permitted. Keep your eye on the official Twitch game page for the first streams in coming days.