Berlin-based developer Point Blank Games today put a mark on the 2017 calender as the upcoming tactical assault title for PC, Shock Tactics, will be arriving as soon as Spring. Shock Tactics promises to bring a flurry of exciting mechanics to the strategy table including squad management, base building, resource management, fast-paced tactical combat and rewarding exploration.
Players will lead a team of highly skilled mercenaries as the first wave of Free Space Pioneers tasked with exploring a newly discovered alien planet. Players will encounter various enemies including pirates, alien creatures and other troops all trying to locate and secure rare and powerful alien technology and artifacts.[testimonials user=” email=” name=’Leonard Kausch’ position=’Game Director at Point Blank Games’ photo=”]”Shock Tactics is our own vision of modern-age strategy games. The very aggressive turn-based gameplay forces players to get rid of familiar habits and defensive tactics and deal with new, more active ways of fighting enemies. We can’t wait until the players finally can see the results of our development.“[/testimonials]
Shock Tactics Features
- Aggressive Tactics: Always drop right into the action and bring the fight to the enemy before he can reinforce his positions. Play fast tactical assaults on time sensitive objectives and stay in full control.
- Challenging squad tactics combat: Lead your strike team against smart enemies that employ a large array of tactics. Know your enemy, build a strategy, rule the battlefield.
- Strike team progression: Harness the power of the alien artifacts to upgrade your base, built new weapons and armor and train your soldiers with different abilities to fit your playstyle.
- Full Control: Action Points allow you to move your soldiers with full control and the interrupt system enables long sprints that are stopped when new enemies are spotted, so you can assess the situation and spend your remaining Action Points accordingly.
- Hostile Planet: The procedurally generated world map leads to different strategic situations in each game session. Fight in three different environments of Hephæst to claim the alien artifacts.
- Fate of Hephæst: Experience a story revealing the secrets of the planet while the great factions steer towards a final battle deciding their fate in the galaxy.
Shock Tactics will be coming to Windows PC as a digital download on Steam in Q1 of 2017. More information is available on the official website. For further details on release be sure to follow the official Twitter and Facebook accounts.