The Final Fantasy VII Remake took center stage at Square Enix’s E3 conference in Los Angeles, with an avalanche of new information including an in-depth analysis of gameplay, introduction to the titles most beloved characters and a sneak peak at the 1st Class Edition.
Final Fantasy VII was previously confirmed to be an episodic release, with details at the E3 showcase adding more info on the topic. The first game in the project will be focusing nearly entirely on Midgar, offering a standalone experience that offers a unique starting point for the series.
Fans also got the first look at the hybrid battle system that combines the fast-paced, fluid, real-time combat of more recent Final Fantasy games with the iconic ATB approach of yesterday. The trailer also provides a first glimpse at limit breaks, Materia and the handling of multiple characters in battle.
Furthermore, Square Enix revealed details of several special editions of the game, including the Deluxe and 1st Class Editions.
The Deluxe Edition features a hardback art book, concept art, a mini-soundtrack CD, a Sephiroth SteelBook case and a special in-game summon, Cactuar. The Digital Deluxe features digital versions of concept art and soundtrack, alongside special Materia to summon Carbuncle and Cactuar.
Lastly, the ultimate for all collectors, the 1st Class Edition features all of the Digital Deluxe content alongside Carbuncle and a Play Arts Kai Cloud Strife and Hardy Daytona model. All versions are available to pre-order on the Square Enix Store.
The main cast of voice-actors for the primary and supporting characters of Final Fantasy VII have also been announced, with a star cast from the likes Transformers, Breaking Bad, Star Wars and Teen Wolf.
- Cloud, voiced by Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
- Barret, voiced by John Eric Bentley (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Independence Day: Resurgence)
- Aerith, voiced by Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
- Tifa, voiced by Britt Baron (GLOW)
- Jessie, voiced by Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man, Persona 5, ThunderCats Roar)
- Biggs, voiced by Gideon Emery (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Wolf)
- Wedge, voiced by Matt Jones (Breaking Bad)
- Sephiroth, voiced by Tyler Hoechlin
Final Fantasy VII Remake is launching first on the PlayStation 4 on March 3rd, 2020.