Last week Square Enix posted a series of Tweet’s informing Final Fantasy fans that there will indeed be a day one patch for Final Fantasy XV, despite a previous delay citing the avoidance of a day one patch as one of its main supporting reasons.
The day one patch, now called The Crown Update, will be available to download automatically on all platforms when the game releases on November 29th. Following the announcement that Final Fantasy XV had gone gold the team over at Square Enix felt there was more that needed to be done. Since that time the developers have been working on providing a number of improvements, bug fixes and new features to accompany the official release with The Crown Update.
Check out the full list of changes below:
- Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight spaces and to improve visibility during battles
- The addition of an ability tree for the Wait Mode function improves the strategic element of this feature
- Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battle
- New event scenes and scenes from KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV™ and the “Omen” trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events within the FINAL FANTASY XV universe even easier to follow for newcomers
- For those who enjoy collecting items, the upgrade will also add a wider variety or recipes and fish with the addition of a gallery to keep track of culinary discoveries
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter.
Be sure to check out the brand new 101 trailer released today alongside a response from Square Enix regarding leaked copies of Final Fantasy XV.