At this year’s Future Games Show at Gamescom, Hooded Horse unveiled an exciting new turn-based tactical RPG based on the Hexxen: 1733 table-top roleplaying system, Hexxen: Hunters. Promising to blend explosive turn-based tactical battles with real-time exploration, players can expect a dark and gritty supernatural world to explore, alongside unique and interesting characters to play with.
Hexxen: Hunters Trailer
Developed by Ulisses Spiele Digital (don’t ask me how to pronounce that), Hexxon: Hunters is a stylish turn-based RPG based 100 years after the gates of hell have been opened, unleashing all sorts of supernatural spooks into the world. Players must assemble a party from a unique array of characters and venture out into the wilderness to safe the world, or what’s left of it.
Each expedition will see players take on unique and challenging enemies, complete quests, and beat back the monstrous hordes. Turn-based combat will be supported by real-time exploration, in a cRPG-like fashion. Between each Expedition, players will return to a central hub to lick their wounds, upgrade their gear, study their enemies, and craft new items.
Hexxen: Hunters Features Summary
- Each hunter is completely unique with branching skill trees, bespoke equipment, and countless ways to compliment the team
- A growing and evolving meta-progression central hubs acts as the center of operations
- Turn-based tactical combat that leans heavily into massive turns and huge combos
- A fiendish roster of unique and powerful enemies with different behaviors and attacking patterns
- Real-time exploration breaks up the turn-based action in an cRPG-like approach
- Localized into German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Czech, Turkish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.
Hexxen: Hunters Gallery