Final Fantasy XV may receive DLC after the Season Pass according to game director Hajime Tabata. 6 pieces of DLC will be released in the Season Pass including for the first time ever in Final Fantasy history, a Booster Pack to help get powerful weapons.
I just don’t know how to feel about a Season Pass in a Final Fantasy game. I feel like if done right it can help enrich a game but shouldn’t a definitive game be able to stand on its own without it? Set to be released content in the Season Pass include:
- DLC1 – FFXV Booster Pack: Will help you get powerful weapons that will help out in battle.
- DLC2 – FFXV Episode Gladiolus: An original episode that focuses on Noctis’ frend Gladiolus. The episode makes him a playable character, allowing you to control Gladiolus.
- DLC3 – FFXV Episode Holiday Pack: Includes a splendid item pack to make your game more gorgeous.
- DLC4 – FFXV Episode Ignis: An original episode that focuses on Noctis’ friend Ignis. The episode makes him a playable character, allowing you to control Ignis.
- DLC5 – FFXV Episode Prompto: An original episode that focuses on Noctis’ friend Prompto. The episode makes him a playable character, allowing you to control Prompto.
- FFXV Expansion Pack: An expansion pack that makes it possible to enjoy a completely new way to play Final Fantasy XV.
What I really want to know is if they are going to continue the story or not. Obviously much of these plans as to whether or not they continue making content for Final Fantasy XV will depend on how well it sells but really when it comes down to it, the story will have to be good and not end won’t it? Speaking with Famitsu via Siliconera, Game Director Tabata said “should we decide on DLC that isn’t included in the Season Pass that is currently selling, then that’s how it’ll be. Although there are still many parts that are uncertain.”
So if it is sells and is received well, are we going to get more content? While I like the idea of extra content, it worries me about the story. Great Final Fantasy titles ended at “The End” leaving us wanting more and not at the end of a 3rd title or DLC. Past Final Fantasy titles were definitive because they ended leaving me wanting more. When games leave the ultimate conclusion out of launch day release it just makes me sour and if I hear that a game has done it, I won’t purchase the game till after all content has been released just like I did Mass Effect 3.
Making matters more convoluted are the different ways you can purchase this content. While a cost has not been specified for any DLC, the current Final Fantasy XV Digital Premium Edition is currently available for $84.99 on both the PS Store and the Xbox Store and includes the Season Pass. The $89.99 Deluxe Edition available on Amazon.com does not include the Season Pass so beware. It does however include Kingslaive: Final Fantasy as well as a Masamune Weapon among others.
Its important to note that the content for the upcoming Season Pass was announced before the delay to November 29 and as such Tabata has stated “We’re currently rearranging the schedule for everything to go along with the delay of the main game, so I can’t say much more in detail for now.”
For now I will just have to keep myself busy with the 52 minutes of Gameplay released. I want it so bad, can’t even stop myself anymore.