The team at Digital Eclipse created six completely new games based on Atari classics for Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration.
Straight from Digital Eclipse, here is a breakdown of the six new games:
– Swordquest: AirWorld – Yes, you read that right: After nearly 40 years of waiting, the team at Digital Eclipse has created a new entry in the legendary Swordquest series, inspired by the design concepts of original Swordquest creator Tod Frye. Who will be the first to solve its mysteries – and finally complete the quest?
– Haunted Houses – The original “survival horror” game for the Atari 2600 gets a modern 3D voxel-based sequel, featuring more houses, more spooky situations, and more urns.
– VCTR-SCTR – This mashup celebration of the vector era of gaming combines the gameplay from Asteroids, Tempest, and other vector-based arcade classics into a single, continuous challenge.
– Neo Breakout – An amazing and addictive two-player competition that combines the best features of Breakout and Pong, with a modern graphic style
– Quadratank – The first new entry in the classic Tank series since 1978 combines features from the original games with four-player fun in team or free-for-all modes.
– Yars’ Revenge Reimagined – The Atari 2600 masterpiece gets a whole new look. Swap between original and modern graphics at any time!
See them for yourself with the trailer below:
Six New Games on Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration
An interactive journey through 50 years of video game history, Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration will feature Interactive Timelines and more than 100 games across Arcade, 2600, 5200, 7800, Atari 8-bit computers, Lynx, and Jaguar.